dimanche 3 octobre 2010

Aunt Susie's French Adventure

Finalement! I've decided to tackle the blog. I have so many incredible stories and photos from my trip to France to seeClaire, Sophie and Max in August, I'm not entirely sure where to begin. I'll start with some favorite pictures of the two little angels, themselves.

Much of my visit there was spent at various playgrounds, where I learned some important French vocabulary, like toboggan (slide), balancoire (swing...sorry, I don't know how to put accents/ the little thingy under the c on here!), and telepherique (a swing that runs along a cable that is super fun for both the kids and Aunt Susie!).

The city of Nantes has several playground options, depending on your mood. One park, for example, features this super long slide and a big relaxing swing. Another park has big rocks that Sophie enjoyed hiking over.

















The best park by far, however, is only a few blocks from the Pecqueur-Hellman household. Not
only does this playground feature the most fun telepherique, which goes downhill and very fast, but also there is a beautiful carousel (pictures to follow in a subsequent post) and an enormous motorized elephant who trumpets and shoots water from her trunk. She also takes you on a 45 minute tour of the park - a very fun ride, and a great view. Looking forward to visiting again very soon!

5 commentaires:

  1. YAY! I love seeing pictures of them growing! That park looks like the best of any. What a fun visit it looks like you had, Susie. Thanks so much for sharing.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I forgot to add...Sophie and Maxime are absolutely adorable. Wish I could give them a hug. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. These photos and video are great. Marwa, it's so nice that you are keeping in touch this way.
    Pat

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Hello everybody, I was so happy to see Sophie and Max on the flat balancoire :) there grew up so much.
    Thanks for the pics Susie. Did you liked France?

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Hi Pat!
    I love the blog. It's so wonderful to be able to stay in touch with Nate's whole family. Hope you're all doing well and bracing for the cold to come. xo

    RépondreSupprimer